Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pool Noddle Ideas and Pallet Waterwall

We have so many pool noodles around these days, most of them left over from birthday parties. For some reason, pool noodles make me so happy, not sure why, maybe it's because you can do so many different things and be very imaginative with them. We even have one under the carseat in my car!

Here's what I did recently, that kept my little guy busy for a while!

The pile of noodles that I used:



I shaped each noodle into an arch and secured them between the couch, the ottoman, and an end table:


Covered them with a sheet and blanket:


Here's what it looked like inside:


 And little man going through and exploring his space:


Then, we've also completed our pallet waterwall. Using a picture my sister-in-law sent me for inspiration, I got to instructing the husband.

My husband brought home a pallet from work and inserted small pieces of wood into each of the spaces.


Here's what it looked like when he was done putting wood into each gap. I didn't realize pallet wood is so hard; it's hard to nail in nail!



I had started saving various bottles and containers a while ago, even before we started building the wall. So many containers that my husband started asking me what I was doing with them and when this project was going to happen!

The husband helped me secure a few of the pieces to the wall, cutting off the bottom so water could spill into the next one. In others, we drilled a couple of holes so water could go out of a couple places into others.



Then I got to worked attaching the rest of the bottles, creating various paths water could flow into one another. At the top of the pallet, we attached a Y hose spigot with a manual shut off, so our garden hose could attached to the back of it and two mini hoses (the yellow and blue things in the pictures below) could be clamped on to each spigot.

These mini hoses really are the best thing about the wall, it's way more fun having constant water flowing out that kids can control vs. pouring water in manually.





Then voila! Look how much fun those two are having!


No comments:

Post a Comment