Saturday, April 26, 2014

First Birthday Party - Vroom!


Had the chance to spend some time with my close friends whose son celebrated his first birthday earlier this week. They planned a cute car theme for family and close friends for his love of their Step 2 Red Push Around Buggy.

Of course my girlfriend had some wonderful special touches that I thought I'd share.

Chalk board sign next to their front door.

The nibbles for everyone kept with the fun car theme and I was given the task of making brownie rectangles that looked like stoplights. I didn't have any instructions for knowing how much to purchase or types of M&M's to purchase (as they are all different sizes), so just winged it.

I just picked up the individual packets at a local grocery store, purchasing the chocolate and the peanut ones. If I had a grocery store with a bulk section that sold M&M's I would have bought those, as I could have been more strategic about what colors I picked out; the packages have a lot of blue M&M's! 


I like that the peanut M&M's could be pressed in, almost like they were countersinked in to the brownies, but the chocolate ones were flatter and looked good too.


Cute cake on a star cake plate!

Right before the birthday song, whip cream was added to the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment