Saturday, December 7, 2013

She's Ready to POP Baby Shower

Held a baby shower for my sister-in-law recently. As most of the parties I help plan these days, everything is planned over email, text messages, Facebook messages, and phone calls since no one seems to live in the same town!

Luckily, I got my house decorated for Christmas before the shower and I love my Christmas tree this year, such a beaut if I do say so myself! Here is the breakdown of our POP shower....

A table of goodies welcomed everyone. The table had a jar to collect predictions of when the baby would arrive and its measurements, and a cute graphic of a tree (similar to the one from their wedding invitations and print materials) for everyone's to put their thumb or fingerprint on later was framed for the baby room.


 

Also on the table was a lolliPOP bouquet that I put together.


Judy made this cute little onesie advice book that she called, "POP Culture" for Ashley and baby.


Also when people walked in they saw newborn pictures and black, white, and craft paper circles. I hung little bubbles with pictures of when Ashley and Erich were babies, an ultrasound picture of baby boy Simpson and little notes about when Ashley and Erich "popped" out.


Should have used the computer for these signs, I can't stand my handwriting!

I had some popcorn boxes left from either a project or a purchase from long ago in my craft items that I pulled out. I put small vases inside and filled with water. Then I purchased white carnations to look like popcorn! I placed them on the end tables and in the guest bathroom with a soda POP bottle!



I think we had quite the delicious and creative spread for everyone to enjoy, the leftovers for the next couple of days weren't too shabby either.

More cute signs that Judy made.


Of course for dessert it only makes sense to have cake POPs!

Yes, you read that right, a Corn POP quiche!

I was researching different things we could do with Corn Pops and found a quiche Corn Pop recipe, it was actually quite good.


Another fun dessert was a cake made out of POP tarts!

I found some Avery labels that were already this shape and color, so it was easy to make things for the party.

Judy's famous salad that we all love.



Hung poofs and honeycomb balls over the decorations. 


As people left, they left with some homemade caramel corn (that had some of the leftover Corn Pops in it) that is one of my favorite recipes. It was so so yummy and I used the same labels for these bags that I did on the table-cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment