Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Children's Book, "Too High!"

One of the first books my son became attached to, wasn't one of the classic children's books that you have seen over the years or are given as shower gifts, but a random children's book we picked up at a friend's house. It is titled, "Too High!" by Judy Nayer and illustrated by Madelaine Gill.


I think my son became attached to it as he loves balloons, there are animals featured inside, and the animals featured are ones that he started to recognize. The words throughout are very simple and repeat over and over. Each page only has about three or four words, making it easy for a child to follow and easy for parents to give voices to each animal. The only thing I find strange is the summary of the most used words at the end of the book. I would remove most of the words and add in some that I feel like are the true words that are repeated over and over.

I couldn't find this book on Amazon or by a Google image or web search, so thought I would paste it here to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment